Author Topic: Building Guide  (Read 831 times)

Offline SpammingRainbows

• Admin, ohoho sweg.
    • View Profile
Building Guide
« on: December 27, 2013, 03:26:48 pm »
           Okay we are going to start off with the most typical and amazing build of all Minecrafters on their first night. The dirt shack, most people would start mining in caves and setting up their homes underground... Oorr.. They make this. Has everything they need in one place, a bed, crafting table, furnace, chests, many torches all over the place, and... Seeds, lots of em. Although this isn't an ideal home to look at. The spammed torches give a bad environment and look very misplaced.. Well, a dirt shack will also stand out.. And will also look misplaced but.. This is where the guide starts off...

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:28:28 pm by SpammingRainbows »

Offline SpammingRainbows

• Admin, ohoho sweg.
    • View Profile
Re: Building Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 03:30:50 pm »
                First, you must choose what materials what you would like to use. In these screenshots I will be mostly using wood and cobblestone (typical first day in Minecraft). Second, you must ALWAYS build a foundation. You cannot just rush straight into a build without thinking (Well, I never actually do this with my big projects. Which is why I make ALOT of mistakes). After you have finished your foundation, you can start building up your new home. I made my home in a form of a circle, using the website http://www.plotz.co.uk/plotz.php, it helps measure the right blocks to make a good circle. After that, start to build up. Adding many blocks to however height of the home you want. Just not too tall, since it might look a bit awkward. Also, make sure you coordinate the blocks. In my screenshot I alternated between cobblestone and oak wood. Your building must always be symmetrical, if you don't want it to be like that.. Then.. Uhmm.. I don't know what to say to you. Next, I place down some markers for the inner circle inside the home.

Offline SpammingRainbows

• Admin, ohoho sweg.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 03:33:55 pm »
           This will be used for either a staircase going up to a second floor, or a wall just to place chests. Once you started building up from it, remember to alternate between the blocks you used. Without it, it would look very weird and out of place. Since you are only using one block. Then I placed fences in the middle, this is where our stair case will be. The staircase will be done by place oak stairs and upside down stair together along with a regular oak wood block. Next, we'll start filling in the floor of our house, we probably don't want it to be grass. So I'll make the outer side of the floor oak logs and the rest birch wood. Now to start with the second floor, to make the exterior look right, since we're adding a second floor.

Offline SpammingRainbows

• Admin, ohoho sweg.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 03:36:29 pm »
             What I would usually add is dirt with flowers on them surrounded by trap doors, this way the wall doesn't seem empty. As we start making the second floor, The first block up form the first floor is all oak wooden blocks.Then we'll make the walls and windows. The windows will be on the floor, so we would have some variety in the building.Now we do the same type of design from the first floor. Now, we will start on the second floor's floor. It is basically the same as the first. Now to work on the roof, move one block away from the frame then place oak block in a circle form then basically fill it all in. Except do not fill the circle in the middle. Then you made a circle one a block away from the actually roof and do the same for the next layer and in that same layer put glass inside. Then move 4 blocks away from the first circle in the middle and make a 5 by 5 square and place glass inside the structure, do this for all 4 sides. After that, the first part of the roof where the missing blocks are place stairs there. Then for the remaining structures on the roof place stairs around the blocks like so; Then place slabs on the remaining areas that are empty.

Offline SpammingRainbows

• Admin, ohoho sweg.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »
                Now the next step is fixing up the exterior walls, what we will do is add dirt with trap doors around it with flowers on top, uhmm.. I forgot whats its face is called so.. Uhm.. Yeah.. So on the main walls you add 2 dirt blocks and place another 2 blocks 3 blocks away from that. Then add trap doors and flowers, then add an upside down stair case below them. About 3 blocks away from the thing you just made, make another one and repeat this process for each quadrant. Now add oak leaves along the front of the house. You can place them anyway that you like, I personally have no preference. Now, build some pathways leading out to somewhere, I dunno you decide. I'd prefer to use a mixture of mossy cobblestone and regular cobble stone as your pathway, also try to make it a bit curvy in its shape. Then add some trees and grass to give the terrain a bit more "life" or a something to look at atleast. You can decide what to put into your interior. Once you have done everything, you have completed your house! Although, this will take a lot of our resources. So collect your resources before trying to build!

Offline Xolaces

• Rawr I'm owner #2 beware.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 08:48:44 pm »
Do you sleep? Like..Ever?
"Ax3s :
 I've won 100 AI games (almost) and 5 Normal games meh.

Guido :
I'm going to save that quote from you for when you actually play normals"

Offline Kat

• Administrator
  • Owner man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 09:26:14 pm »
Spam.. Get a life. ^w^
I'm alive

Offline SpammingRainbows

• Admin, ohoho sweg.